Here’s an announcement from the Korean embassy in the Philippines posted on May 29, 2018.
From July 1, 2018, visa application will be processed through designated travel agencies only due to increased number of Korean visa applicants. Total number of visa applicants increased from 90,000 in the year 2015 to 120,000 by the end of 2016. In the year 2017, total number of visa applicants recorded was around 160,000.
This increase in number of visa applicants caused the applicants to stand in hot weather outside the embassy for hours to wait in line for their turn to apply for respective visas. To avoid such inconvenience, the embassy has designated 35 travel agencies to process temporary visitor’s visa application.
From July 1, 2018, walk-in applicants for temporary visitor’s visa will no longer be accepted. However, the embassy will allow walk-in applicants only for spouses and children of Koreans, holders of visa issuance number, government employees with official business trip, and for those with humanitarian reason to travel to Korea urgently.
Below is the list of officially designated travel agencies for the processing of Temporary Visitor’s Visa
1. ABOEX TRAVEL AND TOURS
2. ADVENTURE INTERNATIONAL
3. BLUE HORIZONS TRAVEL AND TOURS INC.
4. BUDGET TRAVEL AND TOURS INC.
5. CASTO TRAVEL PHILIPPINES INC.
6. CITY TRAVEL & TOURS CORPORATION
7. COME ON PHILS. GOLF & TRAVEL AGENCY INC.
8. CONSTELLATION TRAVELS, INC.
9. FIRST UNITED TRAVEL INC
10. GETAWAY TOURS INTERNATIONAL INC.
11. H.I.S. (PHILIPPINES) TRAVEL CORP
12. HANKOOKCEB CORP.
13. JTB ASIA PACIFIC PHIL. CORP.
14. KP JOEUN CONSULTANCY INC
15. LAS PALMAS TOURS AND TRAVEL AGENCY, INC
16. MNK TRAVEL & TOURS CORP.
17. NORTH STAR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL, INC
18. PARTY-ON TRAVEL AND TOUR COMMUNITY INC.
19. RELI TOURS AND TRAVEL COMPANY
20. SHARP TRAVEL SERVICE (PHILS.) INC.
21. SWIRE TRAVEL PHILS, INC
22. THE BARON TRAVEL CORPORATION
23. TRAVEL PROS
24. TRAVELSERVICES, INC.
25. UNI-ORIENT TRAVEL, INC
Designated travel agencies for the processing of Group Visa and E-Group Visa which were selected last year are automatically included as designated travel agencies for the processing of temporary visitor’s visa.