One of the basic requirements when traveling abroad is a passport with at least six-month validity. Although the expiration date of my passport isn’t that soon, I needed to apply for an early renewal in preparation for an upcoming trip. Renewing your Philippine passport at the Philippine Embassy in Seoul (in my experience at least) is a breeze. Here’s a simple guide.
- Online appointment
- E-passport application form
- Original Philippine passport
- Photocopy of passport data page
- Fee: 60 USD or 80,520 KRW
- Set an appointment. The Philippine Embassy in Seoul has implemented the Online Appointment System to ensure faster and efficient service. Fill out the application form and choose the date and time that you prefer. Print the application form and confirmation slip for verification during the scheduled appointment. In case a printer isn’t available, just jot down the confirmation number. If you can’t print the e-passport application form in advance, make sure to arrive at the embassy before your scheduled appointment to fill out the application form and avoid delay.
- Present your confirmation number at Window 4. Submit your documents. If there are no errors in your application form, you will be advised to proceed to the cashier. You may pay in your preferred currency. I paid in Korean won.
- Proceed to the Encoding Area and submit your documents and receipt. Wait for your name to be called. What to expect: checking & encoding of data, fingerprint scanning, digital signature and passport photo.
Now, you are done! You can claim your new passport in four to eight weeks. The embassy will notify you via SMS if your passport is ready for pick up.
Claim Time: Sunday – Thursday (1:00 – 3:00 PM)
If you live far from Seoul, going back to the embassy to claim your new passport can be a difficulty especially if you are working. You may request for delivery service – just complete the courier form upon application and you can have your new passport delivered to your doorstep. Payment is collected upon delivery.
Philippine Embassy Telephone Nos. (02) 796-7387 to 89
- Ext. 116 – Passport Releasing
- Ext. 109 – Passport Renewal
- Ext. 108 – Authentication / Notarial / SPA / Certification
- Ext.107 – Visa
- Ext. 105 – Civil Registration
For more information, visit Philippine Embassy website.
80 Hoenamu-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
REPUBLIC OF KOREA
Postal Code: 04346