The Garden BCJ (벽초지문화수목원, pronounced as byeok cho ji moon hwa soo mok won) is a popular filming location for Korean TV shows, dramas, movies and TV commercials. This beautiful garden is located in the countryside of Paju City in Gyeonggi Province -about an hour drive from downtown Seoul.
From the entrance, you will see a typical garden with beautiful seasonal flowers and a small fountain. You will also see BCJ Place, a modern building where you can find the cafe, bakery, gift shop and exhibition hall.
Behind the building is the gate to another garden which is the highlight of BCJ. There are statues of Greek gods and goddesses and a big fountain in the middle. On the other side of the garden is a cottage for overnight stay. It is near the pond and the grassy field called Heaven’s Square.
BCJ is such a wonderful garden but I would have enjoyed it more if the weather wasn’t too hot and humid. We visited the place during the peak of summer. Haha! 😛
- Adult/regular – 8,000 won
- Middle/High School students – 6,000 won
- Children – 5,000 won
- Below 3 years old – FREE
Festivities at the Garden BCJ:
- Tulip Festival – Enjoy the warmth and fragrance of spring from April to May
- Lily and Bulbs Festival – Dive into the pool of lilies and bulbs from June to August
- Mums Festival – Take in the refreshing autumn colors from October to November
- Festival of Lights – Dream of the dazzling garden from December to February
Special Activity Programs:
- Pot decorating
- Red clay dyeing
- Pottery making
- 경기도 파주시 광탄면 창만리 166-1
- 166-1, Beolmanjang-gil, Gwangtan-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
For more details, visit: http://www.bcj.co.kr