Before going to work yesterday, I stopped by Shinsegae Department Store in Gangnam to buy a present for my mom-in-law’s upcoming birthday. In the middle of luxury shops on the third floor of the shopping mall lies a hidden gem – French tearoom Ladurée Salon De Thé. As for now, it is the only Ladurée shop in South Korea. Actually I only intended to buy some macarons but my tired and sore feet wanted me to stay for awhile. Haha! Okay, that was just an excuse. 😛 Well, who could resist this gorgeous and elegant Parisian tea salon? Tea time, everyone? 🙂
The menu is printed in French, English and Korean with photos of the main dishes and drinks to give you an idea of how they’re served.
I stood up to check the macarons at the counter but Ms. Ju Won Kim (Ladurée staff) stopped me; then she rushed to get the ipad with the macaron menu. Haha! We got to chat a bit since there weren’t many customers at that time. I also asked her to serve my orders all together.
What I ordered for brunch:
- Club Ladurée – 26,500 won
- Josephine Tea – 14,800 won
- 3 Macarons – 11,400 won
- Ladurée Chocolates 14pcs – 24,000 won
- Ladurée Chocolates 28pcs – 38,000 won
- Ladurée Key Ring – 65,000 won
Ladurée tearoom in Seoul may not be a terrace café like you’d find in Paris, but being situated inside a luxury mall isn’t bad at all. It is still a haven for ladies to indulge in girly chitchats and sweet treats as well.
- 10:30 AM – 8:00 PM (Weekdays)
- 10:30 AM – 8:30 PM (Weekends)
How to get there:
- Subway: Express Bus Terminal Station: Subway Lines 3, 7 & 9 (Shinsegae Department Store is directly connected to the station.)
- A : 142, 3414, 3422, 3423, 4318, 4425, 4425, 5413
B : 143, 148, 342, 360, 401, 462, 540, 540, 640, 642, 642, 643, 8401, 4212, 4425, 4425, 6411, 9408, 9500, 9501, 9800, 9801, 6000, 6020
C : 362, 1500-3
D : 6040