If you are looking for a fun place where you can be creative in taking photos, try visiting the main branch of Alive Museum (박물관은 살아있다) which is located in Insadong, the neighborhood in Seoul which is known for its mixture of traditional and modern atmosphere. The museum has other local branches in Jeju Island, Daecheon and Yeosu. There are also overseas branches in China, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand.
It’s quite amazing how this 3D art museum keeps you gripped and never lets your attention wander from the incredible images it keeps delivering. You could imagine it would get a bit boring after a while; but it doesn’t because it takes you through a series of themed art experiences and you never know quite what is coming next. I personally like Alive Museum more than Trick Eye (another 3D art museum in Hongdae) as it houses more diverse art works with the element of surprise. I was already wearing four layers of clothing but it was still so cold. Even so, the negative temperature didn’t stop us from going out and having fun. Haha! 🙂
Actually, Hubby and I also wanted to visit Dynamic Maze which is located right next to Alive Museum but we arrived just in time for the last admission; so we had to make a choice. We decided to buy tickets for Alive Museum as there were a lot of people lining up for Dynamic Maze. Better be early next time. 😦
- Ticket: 12,000 won per person
- Operating hours: 9:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Free admission for infants less than 36 months
- What to bring: camera or smartphone, extra battery and sense of humor (hehe!)
How to get there by subway:
- Line no. 1 Jonggak station – Exit from exit no.3, turn left at Geumgangjehwa Intersection and go straight for 300M and it’s located on the right.
- Line no. 3 Anguk station – Exit from exit no. 6, go straight for 150M on the one-way street of Insa-dong and it’s located on the left.
How to get there by bus:
For Anguk station direction
- GREEN BUS: 1012, 7025
- BLUE BUS: 109,151,162,171,172, 272, 601
- RED BUS: 602-1 (Airport Limousine)
For Post Office direction
- GREEN BUS: 0015,7022.7023
- BLUE BUS: 401,406,704
- RED BUS: 5500, 9400, 9402
For Jonggak station Exit no. 3 direction
- GREEN BUS: 0212,1016
- BLUE BUS: 100,143,150,160,161,200,262,271.300,370,470,471,601,705,720
- RED BUS: 9301,9402,9411
For more information, visit Alive Museum homepage.