Chapped lips can be unattractive and sometimes painful. Protecting your lips from chapping is not only important for appearance but also for comfort and health. Even if you bundle up with extra layers during the winter months, your lips are still exposed to the cold wind and dry air.
Here are some basic tips on how to give your lips the love they need during cold winter months.
1. Cover up. Protect your lips behind your scarf/muffler or wear a mask especially on windy days.
2. Avoid licking your lips. It dries them out and causes more chapping.
3. Protect your lips with a lip balm. It provides a buffer between your delicate skin and the cold weather or indoor heating. Never let your lips go nude. Apply lip balm before you go to bed to avoid dry, chapped lips when you wake up.
Here are my favorite lip balms for 2014. Protect your lips this winter and say goodbye to bloody smile! Enjoy winter!
- Chanel RougeCoco Baume Hydrating Conditioning Lip Balm
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer SPF 15