Gyeran Mari (계란 말이) is one of my favorite side dishes. It is a popular dish in Korea and enjoyed by Koreans of all ages. Gyeran is the Korean term for ‘egg’ and mari for ‘roll’. Korean egg roll is so easy to make. Let me show you how I make my own gyeran mari. I call it Gyeran Mari ala Lanie, so healthy and yummy like me! 😀
- 5 eggs
- chopped green onions
- chopped carrots
- kim (Korean dried seaweed)
- sesame leaves
- non-stick pan
If dried seaweed and sesame leaves are not available, it’s okay. Just add a little salt and pepper to taste. I don’t put salt in my gyeran mari since I add dried seaweed which is already salty.
1. Beat and mix the eggs with chopped green onions and carrots.
2. Heat the pan over medium heat and spread a little oil evenly using a napkin or paper towel.
3. Pour about 1/4 of the egg mixture and tilt the pan to spread it thinly.
4. Add sesame leaves or dried seaweed on top of the mixture. When it is almost cooked, lift the right edge of the egg and start rolling from right to left.
5. After rolling the first layer, put it at the right side of the pan and pour egg mixture. Tilt the pan to spread the mixture. Repeat this step until the egg mixture runs out.
If you want a beautiful yellow egg roll, cook it slowly with low heat. I like using a small pan to make short but thick egg roll, You can use a larger pan but you will need lots of eggs to make thick egg roll. Cook 4 sides to make a regular box shape. Cut the egg roll into bite size and serve.
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Gyeran Mari ala Lanie! A big round of applause please! Haha! 🙂